An auto accident is never a laughing matter. There is usually emotional and physical trauma involved, and the victims of an accident often find themselves going down a long trail of medical and legal bureaucracy.
However, after the dust clears, some of the excuses that guilty drivers give the police and insurance companies for getting in the accident can be ridiculously funny! Here are ten of the worst/funniest excuses given:
- Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and struck a tree I haven’t got.
- The accident occurred when I was attempting to bring my car out of a skid by steering it into the other vehicle.
- I don’t know who was to blame for the accident; I wasn’t looking.
- The guy (pedestrian) was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him.
- A lamppost bumped into my car, damaging it in two places
- I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way.
- I’m sorry officer for speeding, but without my glasses I can’t hardly see the speedometer.
- As I approached the intersection, a stop sign suddenly appeared in a place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident.
- The accident was due to the road bending
- Leaving home for work I drove out of my drive and straight into a bus; the bus was five minutes early.
These are funny, but it’s important to know that in 2013 in Kentucky, there were 145,000 reported auto accidents. Driver negligence is not funny, and you need to know your rights when you are involved in an accident. The first thing you should do (after you call the police, and get checked out by a physician, of course), is call an attorney that is experienced helping victims of auto accidents in Kentucky.