Our Louisville personal injury attorneys want to wish you and your family a Happy New Year that is safe and healthy. Below are some tips that we hope will be useful as you begin another year.
Ways to Stay Healthy and Avoid Injury
- Wash your hands often. Keeping your hands clean is one of the most effective ways to avoid spreading germs and getting sick.
- Manage your stress level. Stress can cause you to lose sleep, change your eating habits, and cause physical illnesses (i.e. high blood pressure, headaches, heart problems, etc.). Find ways to relieve stress and relax such as exercise, meditation, or a hobby.
- Get enough sleep. The average adult needs about eight hours of sleep each night. Practice good sleeping habits by avoiding caffeine and large meals right before bedtime. Keeping your bedroom quiet and dark can also promote restful and restorative sleep.
- Get regular check-ups and discuss various vaccinations, immunizations, screenings, and tests that can prevent illnesses.
- Prevent falls and other injuries. For information about preventing injuries and falls, visit the Injury Prevention & Control page of the CDC.
- Eat a balanced, healthy diet. You can get information about the recommended daily allowance of nutrients from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Choose My Plate website.
- Exercise several times each week. If you don’t like going to the gym, find a recreational activity such as riding a bicycle, walking, dancing, or playing a sport.
- Check smoke alarms at least twice a year to replace batteries ensure the alarms are in working order. Consider installing carbon monoxide detectors in addition to smoke alarms, especially in older homes.
- Keep prescription and over-the-counter medications in a secure location away from children and adults who may not understand the dangers and side effects of some medications.
- Practice safe driving habits (i.e. avoid impaired driving, fatigued driving, aggressive driving, and distracted driving).
Call Our Louisville Personal Injury Attorneys for Help
If you are injured in an accident, or you believe your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse, our Louisville personal injury attorneys are here to help you fight for your legal right to receive compensation for your injuries. We hope that you will not need our services in 2017; however, we want you to know we offer free legal consultations and free case evaluations for victims and their families.
You don’t have to face a legal battle on your own. Our personal injury attorneys handle the legal matters while you focus on your family and your recovery.
Contact the attorneys of the Shelton Law Group by calling 1-888-761-7204 or by using our online contact form. Call our office today to request your free appointment with an experienced Louisville nursing home abuse and accident attorney.